Autor Thema: Linyphiidae in a little cave => Tenuiphantes sp.  (Gelesen 148 mal)

Raffaele Falato

Linyphiidae in a little cave => Tenuiphantes sp.
« am: 2021-07-18 11:44:20 »
Gorgoglione, Province of Matera, Basilicata, Southern Italy.

Discovery date: July 17, 11 am, sunny and warm.
Habitat: 800 m - in its web built under the upper edge of a small electrical substation, at the entrance to a cave on the outskirts of the village. Outside presence of an oak forest, olive trees, a channeled and semi-covered watercourse, countryside.
Size: almost 3mm.

Happy Sunday everyone.

I believe it is a female of Tenuiphantes.
I know it is difficult (and it becomes almost impossible with my photos), but I ask the same: can we go further?
Thank you.
Raf

P.S. on the canvas of the Linyphiidae a female of Sardinidion blackwalli wandered frantically.
I believe my photos portray an animal by now dead.

l1.jpg
*l1.jpg (21.89 KB . 620x590 - angeschaut 53 Mal)
l2.jpg
*l2.jpg (27.25 KB . 770x542 - angeschaut 52 Mal)
l3.jpg
*l3.jpg (24.35 KB . 518x362 - angeschaut 61 Mal)

Clemens Dönges

Re: Linyphiidae in a little cave
« Antwort #1 am: 2021-07-18 12:35:18 »
Hey Raf;

I think the markings of the Opisthosoma show some variability in this genus, but to me it looks very much like T. tenuis (http://wiki.arages.de/index.php?title=Tenuiphantes_tenuis). The markings of cristatus (and some other species?) look similar, but cristatus seems to be darker and doent show as many of these white, pearly dots in the light areas.

Thats not enough for species-confirmation of course, and I can't see anything on the 3rd picture at all.

Regards,
Clemens

Simeon Indzhov

• Global Moderator
  • neue E-Mailaddresse
« Antwort #2 am: 2021-07-18 12:50:57 »
Unfortunately, epigyne photo is totally uninformative. Tenuiphantes tenuis is certainly a possibility habitus wise (darkened joints etc.) but I would stay at genus here :/ .
Simeon

Raffaele Falato

« Antwort #3 am: 2021-07-18 12:58:10 »
Thank you guys.  :)

Unfortunately I didn't realize that the plastic sheet was dirty.  :-\

Regards.
Raf