Autor Thema: Heliophanus tribulosus blurred => Heliophanus cf. tribulosus  (Gelesen 253 mal)

Rafael Carbonell

The opisthosoma pattern and the epigyne shape became difficult to identify from this jumping spider from a Crabronidae-wasp nest (from a Bee Hotel in Spain: Catalonia: Girona province: Girona city: near cathedral, on 8 july 2021).

I guessed it should be an Heliophanus, as some females-species of this genus have yellow palps.

Heliophanus tribulosus, in ideal fresh condition, has a house drawing on the opisthosoma and a transverse white spot near the spinnerets between other details (see description https://araignee-sauteuse.fr/index/france/heliophanus/tribulosus) but in this specimen they were quite blurred.

Body length: 4.72 mm. Prosoma length: 1.98 mm; Prosoma width: 1.49 mm; Opistosoma length: 2.74.
« Letzte Änderung: Gestern um 13:01:38 von Jutta Asamoah »

Rafael Carbonell

Re: Heliophanus tribulosus blurred
« Antwort #1 am: 2021-09-09 17:29:53 »
A frontal picture with the help of some vaseline in the wall of the container

Rafael Carbonell

« Antwort #2 am: 2021-09-09 17:32:49 »
The epigyne had a male plug on her right entrance, and the crabronidae wasp larva was fixed near the epigyne

Rafael Carbonell

« Antwort #3 am: 2021-09-09 17:39:05 »
The opisthosoma was fixed in a good position to see the epigyne more clearly, as there were some similar species, but it was not enough ...

Rafael Carbonell

« Antwort #4 am: 2021-09-09 17:44:44 »
So then I did a dissection, pictures without and after 45 min and 3 hours macerating with 80% lactic acid at room temperature.

Rafael Carbonell

« Antwort #5 am: 2021-09-09 17:46:39 »
Luckily, the other side, the vulva, gave me more clues (without and after 45 min and 3 hours macerating with 80% lactic acid at room temperature).

Raffaele Falato

« Antwort #6 am: 2021-09-10 13:49:08 »
Ola Rafael, my namesake, I can't tell you anything about the genitals, but (as you have surely read at the beginning of the card you posted) the characteristic element of H. tribulosus are the hairless reddish or light cheeks.
You have not posted a photo with this element, unfortunately. But you can do a confront on your spider.
Greetings.
Raf

Rafael Carbonell

« Antwort #7 am: 2021-09-10 14:19:27 »
Thank you, Raffaele, I forget to take in account that trait ! I think they are visible on the third picture, and yes, they are also present in a lateral position.
Best
Rafael