Autor Thema: Salticidae (Icius sp.)? => Plexippus cf. kondarensis  (Gelesen 664 mal)

Armen Seropian

Kazakshtan, Asykata, 25.04.2012.  :(
« Letzte Änderung: 2017-05-13 09:37:38 von John Osmani »

Siegfried Huber

Re: Salticidae (Icius sp.)?
« Antwort #1 am: 2017-05-11 18:34:53 »
.. erinnert mich an Icius subinermis, aber wer weiss, was es da in Kazachstan noch alles gibt..
Siegfried

Michael Schäfer

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
    • www.springspinnenmakros.de
« Antwort #2 am: 2017-05-11 20:29:42 »
I think it could be Plexippus kondarensis.
« Letzte Änderung: 2017-05-12 08:06:42 von Michael Schäfer »
Meine neusten Foto-Projekte zeigen Springspinnen aus Rhodos und Spanien .

Armen Seropian

« Antwort #3 am: 2017-05-11 21:17:54 »
Thank you, Michael!
I had a doubt it wasn't Icius and habitually the spider reminded me Plexippus.
So a few moments ago I've came upon Plexippus coccineus, think it fits a little better, also reported from neighboring Tadzhikistan. http://www.jumping-spiders.com/php/tax_drawings.php?id=3754

Michael Schäfer

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
« Antwort #4 am: 2017-05-12 08:04:54 »
Why not Plexippus kondarensis? I could not see any difference in the drawings and this species is known from Kazachstan. Why fits Plexippus coccineus better in your opinion? Have pictures of the genitals?

Best regards
Michael

Armen Seropian

« Antwort #5 am: 2017-05-12 08:45:38 »
Well, according to the drawings, abdominal red stripes reach the end of the abdomen in P. coccineus and end near it in P. kondarensis. The stripes themselves are not uniformly colored, but with dark blotches. That's just my opinion, based on the drawings an intuition. I've asked for additional pictures of the spider from different angles (the person who took a picture is not collecting the spiders, thus there are no photos of genitalia), maybe it will help to clarify identification.  :)

Rainer Breitling

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
« Antwort #6 am: 2017-05-12 14:03:49 »
My money is on Plexippus kondarensis in this case. Asykata is right in the centre of the known distribution of this species, and the prosoma pattern seems distinct enough. Plexippus devorans (=P. coccineus) is extremely variable, but the illustrations and descriptions all agree that it has two, not four, distinct prosomal spots (the posterior pair only). The area around the eyes can also be darker in P. devorans, but it doesn't seem to form clear black spots that extend well behind the posterior eyes. This specimen on the other hand resembles Charitonov's illustration of P. kondarensis quite closely. For an absolutely confident i.d., a closer examination would be necessary, but unless I overlooked some critical detail in Charitonov's text, the match is quite convincing.
Best wishes,
Rainer

Armen Seropian

« Antwort #7 am: 2017-05-12 14:22:09 »
If two professionals are saying, it's P. kondarensis, than I can't argue anymore! Thank you, dear Michael and Rainer!  :)
As for the prosomal spots, just saying, that the link I gave above shows a male P. devorans (=P. coccineus) with 4 of them.

Michael Schäfer

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
« Antwort #8 am: 2017-05-12 14:33:09 »
I'm not a professional :)

Armen Seropian

« Antwort #9 am: 2017-05-12 17:38:43 »
I'm not a professional :)
Professional doesn't necessarily mean you've got a degree in something, you're very good at ;)
And you're knowledge in salticids of Europe is superb! ;D