Autor Thema: Pireneitega ovtchinnikovi or spasskyi? => cf. Pireneitega armeniaca  (Gelesen 417 mal)

Armen Seropian

The male and female were caught in Georgia, Mtiuleti, 26.08.2017.
Female has escaped while photoshooting, male unfortunately didn't make it to town, so all that's left of it is a pedipalp.
Sorry, no ventral view of the palp.
According to "Kovblyuk M.M., Kastrygina Z.A., Marusik Yu.M. & Ponomarev A.V. (2013): The spider genus Pireneitega Kishida, 1955 in the Caucasus (Aranei: Agelenidae: Coelotinae). Arthropoda Selecta 22 (1): 59-73" short tip of conductor points to P. spasskyi.
« Letzte Änderung: 2017-10-02 12:52:58 von John Osmani »

Simeon Indzhov

Re: Pireneitega ovtchinnikovi or spasskyi?
« Antwort #1 am: 2017-09-06 19:25:05 »
P. spasskyi is for me the more likely candidate too, given Kovblyuk' s diagnosis and the proportionally small conductor which is visible on the images in the paper too; indeed, for me this is a very difficult genus I hav no personal experience with and I wouldn' t give a certain ID when a ventral view is lacking. What bothers me too is I don' t see P. spasskyi' s widened descending distal coil which makes it bear some resemblance to Pireneitega armeniaca (I say I don' t see it, I don' t say it is absent :) )

Is this your specimen? Will you be able to provide a ventral photo at some point? I am curious

Simeon

Armen Seropian

Re: Pireneitega ovtchinnikovi or spasskyi?
« Antwort #2 am: 2017-09-06 19:36:34 »
Yes Simeon, it was my specimen. Unfortunately I cannot provide a ventral photo, because spider and pedipalp where gone with the wind  :-X. So it's unlikely I will be able to provide photos of live specimen and genitalia until next year. Oh, I forgot to mention - some females were with spiderlings already (maybe this phenology tip will help).

Simeon Indzhov

The more I am looking into the pictures, the more interesting this specimen appears to me. Right now I just noticed the tip of the cymbium is too long for Pireneitega spasskyi (and at least in Inermocoelotes the form of the cymbium is a stable, reliable character). I am still inconclusive though as the distal part of the conductor appears to be too long and too much bent towards the tip of the cymbium for P.armeniaca, resembling more the rough form of the conductor of P.spasskyi. On the other hand, the widened distal descending coil of P.spasskyi is well visible in both prolateral and retrolateral view in Kovblyuk' s paper. This species also has a widened tip of the patellar apophysis.
 I am curious what will this species turn out to be.

Armen Seropian

Well, the only option I've left is to go to that very place next year and try to get pictures of pedipalps and epigyne as well :) Luckily, there are a lot of this spiders.
Thank's for your try, Simeon!