Autor Thema: Salticidae from Borneo_2 => cf Colyttus striatus  (Gelesen 238 mal)

Armen Seropian

Salticidae from Borneo_2 => cf Colyttus striatus
« am: 2018-01-07 12:30:11 »
It would be nice, if anyone could ID this spider.
« Letzte Änderung: 2018-01-18 21:50:15 von John Osmani »

Ulrich Kursawe

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
Re: Salticidae from Borneo_2
« Antwort #1 am: 2018-01-07 13:56:25 »
Hi Armen,

again, only a guess from the book: Have look at Colyttus striatus, the male seems to look similar.

Greetings, Uli

Armen Seropian

« Antwort #2 am: 2018-01-07 17:54:40 »
Hi Ulrich!
Thank you for an effort, but I can't agree you - Colyttus striatus has a white band on first pair of legs, also it seems to lack a white spot on cephalothorax. :(

I've looked through a number of articles and photos of Euophryinae on the internet, but yet couldn't find a match...

I don't know, my guess was it's some kind of Saitis sp. (you can see long bristles on the elongated 3-rd pair of male), but in Borneo there aren't any described species from the genus (male Saitis virgatus from Australia looks quite similar). :-X So, another guess - Thorelliola sp.

Ulrich Kursawe

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
« Antwort #3 am: 2018-01-08 19:59:11 »
Hi Armen,

there seems to be a misunderstanding here, this was not a determination attempt from my side. Since information on the spiders of Borneo is not really abundant, I decided to have look in the book and C. striatus was the spider that resembled the habitus of your spider(s) best. I have no idea about possible variations of color and markings, but if you can exclude the species/genus, I am perfectly happy with that  ;) .

Greetings, Uli