Autor Thema: Hahniidae?  (Gelesen 176 mal)

Fredrik Arvidsson

Hahniidae?
« am: 2018-10-07 18:54:06 »
Hello everyone!

A friend of mine, Raul Vicente, found this spider under the bark of a coniferous tree, on a forested sand dune on an island. The island (Gotska Sandön) is a national park and it is located in the middle of the Baltic sea. A colony of ants (Formica sp.) was also located in the tree. Me, him and other experts have looked at it either in person or by picture and we just can't figure out what it is. The spider is missing bristles on the legs and Hahniaharmia picta was our best suggestion, but it just doesn't fit.

Posting it here in the hopes that we will get closer to an answer!

Thank you

/Fredrik Arvidsson
« Letzte Änderung: 2018-10-07 19:38:40 von Katja Duske »

Martin Lemke

• Administrator
  • TK 2130 Lübeck, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
    • Spinnenerfassung in SH
Re: Hahniidae?
« Antwort #1 am: 2018-10-07 20:06:26 »
Yes, Hahniidae, but I have currently no idea, which.

Martin

Tobias Bauer

« Antwort #2 am: 2018-10-07 22:44:50 »
Hahniharmia picta seems to be a good guess, why does it not fit? Judging from the epigyne, I think you can't exclude the species. I Think you should extract the epigyne and have a look at the vulva. The species is most probably overlooked in many regions, like so many bark dwellers. Your location (under bark of a pine tree) also fits well.

Tobias

Martin Lemke

• Administrator
  • TK 2130 Lübeck, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
    • Spinnenerfassung in SH
« Antwort #3 am: 2018-10-07 23:00:02 »
... why does it not fit?

Because the drawings on araneae are different, I think.

It would be the first record for Sweden.

Martin

Tobias Bauer

« Antwort #4 am: 2018-10-08 11:55:55 »
The drawings on araneae illustrate high intraspecific variations especially of the visible inner parts (compare the drawing of Ledoux with that of Heimer & Nentwig). Based on the not-dissected epigyn, I would simply not exclude H. picta. Therefore the vulva is nedeed.

Tobias

Fredrik Arvidsson

« Antwort #5 am: 2018-10-08 15:46:40 »
Thanks for your responses!

Yes epigyne doesn't quite match, and H. picta should be dark with yellow chevrons on the opisthosoma. Could be a pale/newly moulted specimen, but together with a epigyne that looks different it feels off. But yes I will tell Raul to extract the epigyne!

Here is a picture Raul took of the this Hahniidae together with Hahnia ononidum (left) and 2 H. picta (right).

Also a picture of the epigyne of a H. picta.