Autor Thema: Large-headed Salticidae  (Gelesen 149 mal)

Raffaele Falato

Large-headed Salticidae
« am: 2020-05-19 13:05:32 »
Gorgoglione, Province of Matera, Basilicata, southern Italy.

Discovery date: April 27, around 11:30 am.
Habitat: 800 m - in the countryside, on the guardrail on the side of the road.
Dimensions: about 3mm.

Hi everyone.
Can this large-headed Salticidae male be identified?
Thanks.
Raf

s1.jpg
*s1.jpg (49.67 KB . 510x598 - angeschaut 76 Mal)
s2.jpg
*s2.jpg (32.58 KB . 450x369 - angeschaut 78 Mal)
s3.jpg
*s3.jpg (40.2 KB . 504x446 - angeschaut 79 Mal)
s4.jpg
*s4.jpg (46.05 KB . 521x524 - angeschaut 79 Mal)
s5.jpg
*s5.jpg (38.82 KB . 428x419 - angeschaut 80 Mal)

Jutta Asamoah

Re: Large-headed Salticidae
« Antwort #1 am: 2020-05-19 20:13:07 »
Hello Raf,

my guess is, that your spider belongs to the Heliophanus genus, somewhere between kochii, lineiventris and cupreus  ;)
I also think, that your specimen is a complete loser if it comes to hunting skills, that´s part of the explanation for the tiny opisthosoma.

Take care,
Jutta

Raffaele Falato

« Antwort #2 am: 2020-05-19 20:51:18 »
Hi Jutta,
you are really bad with my spider. Maybe it was left by partner and it doesn't eat for love (I apologize to the administrators and moderators for this phrase of mine, it is not my intention to lower the quality of the forum and expire in chat or social media - which I personally hate. If everything this is not allowed, please let me know and i will refrain from doing it in the future), or it is old.
Yes sure, the spider is a Heliophanus, but I can't determine the species; it seems that on the opistosome there are two pairs of white points, but they are very faded, it has only black femurs and no sign on the prosoma.
I really don't get there.
Let's see what those who know more of us think.
Raf

Raffaele Falato

« Antwort #3 am: 2020-05-21 09:03:38 »
Hello.
I see good cupreus more than all the other Heliophanus species present in Italy.
Segments of the legs lighter than the femurs, absence of drawings on the prosoma and opistosome, narrow clear horizontal band on the front of the opistosome, if I am not mistaken also the apophysis that can be seen on the palps seem to correspond with those present on the specimen photographed on the Pierre site .
Obviously mine are only guesses, dictated mostly by the desire to get to a species.
But I'm also ready for Heliophanus sp.  :)
Raf