Autor Thema: Eresus maschi <=  (Gelesen 141 mal)

Raffaele Falato

Eresus maschi <=
« am: 2021-01-11 13:28:43 »
Gorgoglione, Province of Matera, Basilicata, Southern Italy.

Date of discovery: June, morning.
Dimensions: just over 5 mm.

Good morning.

Here are the jewels of the territory of my research.
The more I look at these spiders, the more I am convinced that they are Eresus moravicus, a species not listed in the Catalog of Italian spiders.
They have almost completely red hind legs, red colored posterior side of the prosoma, and are two mature males found active in June (not late summer-autumn as kollari; the other Italic species, walckenaeri, is very different from my spiders ).
I found the male in the first photo in June 2019, it was walking on the clearing in front of the local cemetery (900m), all around there are plowed fields, bushes, shrubs, some fruit trees and various vegetation.
The male in the other photos I found exactly one year later, at the beginning of June 2020, it was walking close to a low wall, in the gardens of the village church (900m), along a slope with young fir trees, shrubs and various vegetation, stones.
I take Eresus sp. for the obvious reasons, but I'd like to read your views on this.
A greeting.
Raf

ea1.jpg
*ea1.jpg (60.84 KB . 559x475 - angeschaut 72 Mal)

eb1.jpg
*eb1.jpg (31.37 KB . 649x451 - angeschaut 71 Mal)
eb2.jpg
*eb2.jpg (27.2 KB . 511x598 - angeschaut 72 Mal)
eb3.jpg
*eb3.jpg (17.87 KB . 324x353 - angeschaut 71 Mal)

Simeon Indzhov

• Global Moderator
  • neue E-Mailaddresse
Re: Eresus maschi
« Antwort #1 am: 2021-01-11 13:31:32 »
Very nice, very nice! The prevailing view is there are possibly many undescribed and/or poorly described species from Southern Europe so they may not be moravicus but a related species even if they look like ones
Simeon

Tobias Bauer

• Kerngruppe
« Antwort #2 am: 2021-01-11 13:40:59 »
Very nice. However, difficult. Rezac et al 2008 mentioned an (still) undescribed Eresus species from the kollari-group found in Italy. Based on the availaible data it is more likely that your species belongs to this unnamed clade. Eresus are bad dispersers, and the Alps and the Appenin are big barriers for a species until now only found in Eastern Europe and in the Balkan Peninsula.

Raffaele Falato

« Antwort #3 am: 2021-01-11 13:46:53 »
Mmmmm ...

Thanks a lot to both of you.

Raf