Autor Thema: Amaurobius or Coelotes? => Amaurobius sp. (pot. erberi)  (Gelesen 143 mal)

Raffaele Falato

Gorgoglione, Province of Matera, Basilicata, Southern Italy.

Discovery date: December 16, late morning, sunny.
Habitat: 800 m - on the edge of a lawn (former football field now abandoned), under a long rotten wooden beam (perhaps due to the rain of the previous days?) leaning against the lawn metallic fence. Around there was low grass, some bushes and some scattered stones. Presence of oaks and acacias.
Size: 8mm measured.

Good afternoon.
I believe this spider is a female Amaurobius, but I found it in a distant location from where I found the others Amaurobius (same species - erberi - or potentially same species?) identified on the forum.
In the second photo (taken with sunlight) green reflections can be seen on the chelicerae.
I don't know the genus Coelotes, so I have some doubts.
Thank you.
Raf

ac1.jpg
*ac1.jpg (56.31 KB . 733x442 - angeschaut 80 Mal)
ac4.jpg
*ac4.jpg (42.89 KB . 807x494 - angeschaut 78 Mal)
ac5.jpg
*ac5.jpg (29.66 KB . 531x464 - angeschaut 81 Mal)
ac3.jpg
*ac3.jpg (31.21 KB . 418x620 - angeschaut 79 Mal)
« Letzte Änderung: 2021-02-16 13:33:00 von Raffaele Falato »

Jonathan Neumann

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
Re: Amaurobius or Coelotes?
« Antwort #1 am: 2021-02-15 16:06:57 »
I cannot say anything for ID but I just wanted to praise your photoquality in this thread - big improvement!

LG,
Jonathan
CHAENA MONNA MOKOPUNG aus Afihla Majantja Vol 3.

Tinto von Matsieng, eines meiner Lieblingslieder

Raffaele Falato

« Antwort #2 am: 2021-02-15 16:22:39 »
Thanks for the compliments Jonathan.  :D
When the spider cooperates, everything becomes easier.

I think I asked a trivial question due to haste, and I apologize  :-[, Coelotes is an Agelenidae and has evidents spinnerets that my spider does not present.
So, my question turns on the possibility that this Amaurobius belongs (or could potentially belong) to the same species - erberi - as the cemetery specimens.
Thank you.
Raf

Simeon Indzhov

• Global Moderator
  • neue E-Mailaddresse
« Antwort #3 am: 2021-02-15 16:31:10 »
Yes, certainly Amaurobius and likely erberi or whatever you have. Coelotes are much glossier, with different epigynes and, as you noted, spinnerets, different proportions. Also, they normally inhabit humid forests or meadows above the tree line. I think their diversity in Southern Italy is very small as well - from what I remember, only Pireneitega garibaldii.

Simeon

Raffaele Falato

« Antwort #4 am: 2021-02-15 16:49:43 »
Thanks Simeon.

Greetings.
Raf